From WikiApiary, monitoring the MediaWiki universe
- 2 I want to change skin
- 3 "Cannot set URL automatically because multiple URLs were found"
- 4 Update Wikinfo interwiki prefix
- 5 Bots not updating ?
- 6 Update gadgets
- 7 Wikipedia (donate)
- 8 WikiStates
- 9 Wiki without stats
- 10 Archived extensions/skins
- 11 Duplicate Wikis
- 12 Broken options under Usage/Edit Count
- 13 Requested Move
- 14 Yevmia
- 15 Duplicate Wiki
- I guess the issue is that Foreground is no longer compatible with the version of MediaWiki used here. There is another instance to overcome this issue however, I need to adapt the look and feel better and change some templates. I am pretty tight in time at the moment. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:15, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
I want to change skin
hello, Kghbln, i want to change skin. from the default skin called foreground, to vector. first, does not the "nav-menus" in the foreground skin work, and every time i need to read a page here must I add ?useskin=vector to the url to use the vector skin instead of the foreground, and i want to select the vector skin in preferences and currently is only the foreground available and I want to have the vector skin available, and please can you add so vector skin can be chosen in the preferences/options in the localsettings.php? -Psl631 (talk) 11:51, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
- I am not sure if you read my last reply to you. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 12:22, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
"Cannot set URL automatically because multiple URLs were found"
Replacing the code in Template:Extension in use with the following code will (should) fix this message for all extensions with a MediaWiki.org URL (and thus a major source of annoyance for me for some time now) (changed/added code in blue):
Note that I have only convinced myself that this code is correct, not actually run it, so I would encourage you to preview before saving to make sure I didn't overlook some glaring syntax error. =D
This code can be trivially extended to normalize any other sites which have both HTTP and HTTPS URLs being stored, just by adding a
#pos statement for each.
While I have your ear, would there be a problem with assigning me the editor usergroup? I don't edit here very often, granted, but having this would allow me to make fixes of this nature to editor-protected templates in the future without having to go through you to do so. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 23:48, 20 September 2018 (UTC)
- I am utterly sorry that I have kept you waiting for such a long time. I was pretty busy at other fronts and neglected my work on this wiki. Anyhow, the suggested change looks good to me. Since I just made you editor and operator you should be able to roll in the change by yourself. Thanks again for your patient and engagement. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 09:26, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
Update Wikinfo interwiki prefix
Can you please update the wikinfo: prefix from the current
http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/$1 (which no longer works) to
http://wikinfo.org/wikinfo/index.php/$1? Thanks, --AStranger195 (talk) (guestbook) 07:38, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
Bots not updating ?
Looks like my website hasn't update for more than a month.
Could you please check if anything is wrong with the bots ?
- To my regret - no they are not. See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T207952 Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:32, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
MediaWiki:Gadget-UTCLiveClock.js is a copy of the gadget on either Wikipedia or MW.org from 2012. It should be replaced with a loader to the centralized gadget page, as Wikipedia's version is. MediaWiki:Gadget-popups.js similarly is an old copy of Wikipedia's gadget, and should be replaced with a loader of that. A bit more info, and prewritten loaders, are available at mw:ResourceLoader/Migration guide (users)#Gadgets. 「ディノ奴千？！」☎ Dinoguy1000 22:20, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, I completely misunderstood your comment; I thought you were saying you had a medical issue making editing difficult. Sorry about that!
- I either use the  section link if I'm editing a particular section, or the keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+E (which doesn't solve the typing issue, of course, but definitely reduces it). Other keyboard shortcuts also function in the skin (e.g. Alt+Shift+H for page history, and Alt+Shift+J for WhatLinksHere). 「ディノ奴千？！」☎ Dinoguy1000 16:41, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- No worries, it was a bit ambiguous what I wrote. Moreover I can use this wiki again. I think why everything went berserk on my end was that I used for some reason the UTC gadget which obviously interacted badly with the other scripts on the wiki. After the update of the gadget's page everything works again. Probably I should have looked at the browser console to figure this out. So in the end it was you who helped my out of my misery. Thanks a ton! I am so happy! --[[kgh]] (talk) 16:47, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi, There are two WikiStates, the defunct one at https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/WikiStates and the active one at https://nationstates.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page. It looks like a disambiguation is at hand. Hopefully this is the correct section. Sorry if I get it wrong. --Marianian (talk) 22:23, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks, this is the right spot. Admittedly I do not like fandom or wikia site recorded on this wiki, but this is another story. Cheers -- [[kgh]] (talk) 22:30, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- This wiki is recording MediaWiki sites. Fandom/Wikia is using a fork of MediaWiki so this does not really fit any longer. Another thing is that we record 350 something out of their 450,000 sites. This means that we do not really record them at all. On the other side we record enough of them to kill the stats for everything else here. However this mistake started years ago and that's the way it is now. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 22:37, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
Wiki without stats
You've just deleted wiki Mipe_2 as duplicate of Mipe, and you're right. But this one has not stats since it has been registered, and I found no mean to activate them or to ask about this. So I tried another declaration.
Can you help me with the first wiki, to fill its state?
- Hi, you changed from Api collection to Special page collection when adding the wiki (see the edit). Since the latter is basically only working on wikis with ancient versions of MediaWiki, if at all this broke data collection. Anyways I recommend to not fiddle with settings. Moreover adding a wiki which is already there is not really a good idea. Anyways, data collection should now commence. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 06:46, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
Is there some way to mark extensions and skins as archived? I poked around a little bit and didn't see anything obvious. If not, should one be added, do you think? 「ディノ奴千？！」☎ Dinoguy1000 11:04, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- Not yet, but you can add another field to the form. I guess it will be best to add a section to the top of the template when shown indicating that the extension was archived but still show the details as if the extensions was not archived. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 13:12, 17 July 2019 (UTC) PS I assume that you can edit templates, etc.
Broken options under Usage/Edit Count
Hi again, as I already wrote you here https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Topic:V1di2g8mw62tdln2&topic_showPostId=va423eyjzee74szh&fromnotif=1#flow-post-va423eyjzee74szh if you open https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/ReplicationWiki (or any other entry for another wiki in the apiary) and then go to "Usage" you have a graph for the usage statistics for "Edit Count" of that wiki. That graph, like the other graphs in the usage statistics, has "2 month" as default option. Unlike the other graphs although the options are shown the graph cannot be changed to show the data for just 1 week or for a whole year. The other options can be clicked but unlike at the other graphs nothing changes if you do so. If you cannot help with this, could you point me to someone who might be able to do so? I find very strange that since "send feedback" leads to an empty page it is unclear to unexperienced users who is working on this page.
- I believe I have commented about the issue with "send feedback"? --[[kgh]] (talk) 09:15, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- omg, opted the wiki out. There are people around. Unbelievable. Anyways, thanks for pinging. --[[kgh]] (talk) 22:42, 9 December 2019 (UTC)