From WikiApiary, monitoring the MediaWiki universe
- 1 Request feature at this spot
- 2 Sorry
- 3 Adding a farm
- 4 Issues with user page
- 5 Rename user name
- 6 504 timeouts
- 7 Data not updating
- 8 Thanks for deleting my mistaken submission
- 9 Delete old websites
- 10 Farm:Orain
- 11 Uploading files from URL
- 12 French translation for interface
- 13 Renaming wikis
- 14 Delete
- 15 Move requests
- 16 Few requests
- 17 Wikinfo
Request feature at this spot
Hi please view https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Template_talk:Website#Support_for_vendor for the feature request thanks. Paladox2014 (talk) 23:59, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- Heiya Paladox, thanks for the note. I answered over there. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 10:03, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- No probs at all. You just started out here and it is great that you get involved. Cool that you dug out all these new wikis! --[[kgh]] (talk) 22:24, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
Adding a farm
Could you please add all of these? I'm not sure what the best practice is for cases with a "host" having a "farm" or whatever the terminology is. Does the bot detect this automatically? PiRSquared (talk) 03:15, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- Usually I do this manually in case it is this tiny. Probably preparing import data takes as much time as doing it here directly. Dunno if Thinges has currently the time for this. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 09:06, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Issues with user page
- Yeah, probably a Babel incompatibility issue. I have already opened an issue for this on GitHub. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 09:07, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Rename user name
- Hi, actually I cannot since I am not a crat on this wiki. You should ask Thingles. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:24, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
Some pages on WikiApiary consistently give me 504s while other pages load fine. Is this just me or a temporary site problem? I just want to edit their internet archive details (wiki's i've backed up/uploaded to IA). examples of consistent 504 pages:
- No, that's not just you. This happens to me occasionally too. Luckily in connection with saving a page the edit gets saved before the timeout like e.g. on "Pattern Repository Wiki". Coming back to the same wiki a couple of days later helps avoiding this. Since this is a privately funded site I tend to accept this. --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:18, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm… I wasn't aware of this. Looking in the logs I see there were 254 504 errors today. I'll see if there is something easy that may help this. Please feel free to ping me on my talk page on this, or the WikiApiary-l mailing list. 🐝 thingles (talk) 03:09, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
Data not updating
Hello again, the page for Coasterpedia isn't updating. I recently moved webhost which may have messed things up. Can you fix this or have I broken something?
- The issue are timeouts for the bot collection the data, meaning the wiki needs to much time to respond to the data requests. The API-URL as such is correct and when accessing the URL results are provided properly. There is probably something in the water with the new setup (DNS, server or wiki) but I do not know what it is. I have seen this happen sometimes with other wikis too but was not able to help the cause either. :( --[[kgh]] (talk) 07:05, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for deleting my mistaken submission
- Thank you for reminding me. Ovalwiki could however go to WikiIndex.org which is not restricted to the MediaWiki engine. --[[kgh]] (talk) 08:46, 20 July 2015 (UTC) PS Before I forget: Thank you for adding wikis to WikiApiary.
Delete old websites
as I am not an admin, I cannot delete pages/websites. These websites are old versions, though and could do with a deletion!
These two can stay:
- Hello Zabien, usually we just mark wikis as defunct gone which I recommend here to. These three were wikis once and were part of the wikiverse. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 08:42, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
Site was down because it was compromised. Not since, I think :P — revi 08:44, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- I do not understand your note and your comment now. However I dunno what is happening there. Seems to be a pretty mess and the sites are currently inaccessible. --[[kgh]] (talk) 09:06, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Uploading files from URL
Also, I have no idea why I can't upload_by_url while I am "Autoconfirmed users"... — revi 08:49, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- That's broken for over have a year now minimum. I have not got around filing a bug report. :| I think this is an issue with Semantic Forms, though I am not sure. --[[kgh]] (talk) 09:06, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- I thought upload_by_url was also possible with UploadWizard.. Thanks. By the way, is it possible to move the page? It seems that I cannot move the pages.... — revi 12:52, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
French translation for interface
I started to translate the main_page, but I wonder how to translate forms and WikiApiary:About ?
- Salut tuxun, first of all thank you for doing the French translations.! Secondly: good point, I just marked the "About" page for translation. :) To translate forms and alike is currently not possible due to a bug that needs to be fixed first. A plus Karsten
- Hi, I thing than we could copie them, then translate these copies. linking to french thing in french thing will do the tricks. Au revoir :)
I somehow cannot save the renaming section.... With db error.
- Probably that nasty array-thingy issue. I think there is a fix in the pipeline or already committed. Moved the pages. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 21:54, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- Wikipedia (be-x-old) -> Wikipedia (be-tarask), as per https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T11823
- Wikimedia (et) -> Wikimedia (ee), as per https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T31919
- Move Fastlizard4.org to Farm namespace and delete talk page.
- Move UnDisConnect to Heist.
- Delete Thaumic Drive Wiki.
Thank you! — revi 13:27, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
- Done, except for Thaumic Drive Wiki which is even active. Some rationale behind it? --[[kgh]] (talk) 19:37, 3 November 2015 (UTC)